Adventures in Montana 🏹🗡🛣

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing Critiques Short Story Critiques Adventures in Montana 🏹🗡🛣

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Lady Iliara
    @lady-iliara
      • Total Posts: 144

You asked for it, so here it is! The Fellowship goes somewhere they WEREN’T expecting. ☺️
      Adventure in Montana
      Chapter One

I was part of an interesting situation, in which the first three wishes the Fellowship made after leaving Moria would all be granted. The results were more surprising than I could ever have anticipated.

Aragorn turned and looked behind him. Legolas and Boromir were directly behind him, Sam, Merry and Pippin were in the middle of the group, and Frodo and Gimli took up the rear. Seeing that the hobbits were out of breath, he called a halt.
      “Though we must not rest long,” he said. “We are not far from Lorien now, and it is in my heart to reach the cover of the forest before nightfall.”
      The hobbits flopped down gratefully on the ground. Gimli leaned on his axe. Legolas gazed back the way they had come.
      “I would give a lot for a good hot supper,” Sam said wistfully. He stretched his weary legs and eyed the mountains to their right.
      “Still the shadow of Moria looms over us,” Aragorn said, following his gaze. “I hope to gain level country soon. We shall make better speed thereafter.”
      “Aye,” Boromir agreed. “I wish for the strength of the steeds of Rohan.”
      That made three wishes. Only—for some reason, all three wishes got fulfilled at once.
      A sudden mist swirled about Aragorn and lifted him off his feet. As he whirled about, he heard the shouts of the others as they tried to comprehend what was happening.
      Suddenly the mist cleared and he found himself sitting down. A strap of some indeterminate substance crossed over his tunic at his shoulder and waist. A strange, crinkly paper lay on his lap, and an aroma wafted up from a type of food he had never seen before, which was sitting on top of the paper. He looked up and found that he was in some sort of room with windows, though the front one was strangely slanted. They seemed to be on a road, and a very good one at that, simply extending into the distance as far as he could see. There were mountains quite far away, and plains to the left and right.
      After taking this information in, he glanced around to see where the others were. Legolas was sitting in the seat beside him, the same confused expression on his face. Behind him, in the middle of the strange room, Frodo, Gimli, and Sam were sitting next to each other, and at the back, Merry and Pippin were being crowded into the corners by Boromir, who looked very uncomfortable.
      Frodo was the first to break the silence. “Where are we?”
      “I have no idea,” Aragorn said. “This is no place I have seen before.” He glanced to his right and saw that Legolas was fiddling with the strap across his shoulder.
      “I like this not,” Legolas said. “Has someone bound us?”
      “They certainly did a poor job of it, leaving our hands free,” said Aragorn. He peered at his strap and saw that it ended in a small container, red on top and gray around, on his right. He tugged at it, but it didn’t move.
      “It says ‘PRESS’ on this red part,” Legolas said. He pressed it experimentally. The strap shot up, slapping him in the face on the way up. “Oomph,” he said, freeing his right arm from the now limp strap.
      “I doubt whether we should eat this food, whatever it is,” Aragorn said, unbuckling the strap in a more cautious manner than Legolas had.
      “Wofht?” said Gimli. Half of his meal had already vanished.
      “Well, never mind,” Aragorn sighed. By now everyone had unbuckled their straps.
      “How are we to get out?” asked Merry. “I don’t know about the rest of you, but I’m feeling rather—cramped.”
      “Yes, and there doesn’t seem to be a door anywhere,” said Pippin. He peered behind him. “There’s quite a large space between the back of these seats and the end of the room.”
      “This moves,” said Frodo suddenly. He had been messing with a cupped metal indentation in the wall next to him. He pulled the metal bar forward and back. “But it doesn’t do anything.”
      “There’s one of those on my side, too, Mr. Frodo,” said Sam.
      “And one on each side up front here as well,” Aragorn said. He pulled it experimentally. He was starting to feel—not claustrophobic, but certainly confined, in this strange place. He tugged it harder. There was a click, and the wall moved.
      “That seems to have loosened the door,” Legolas observed. “Perhaps it was simply rusty.”
      Aragorn pushed on the door. It swung open suddenly and he nearly lost his balance, but regained it in time to save the food from falling off the paper. Gathering it up, he set it on the seat as he stepped out into the light of day.
      Chapter Two
      Boromir, Merry, and Pippin had finally gotten out by clambering over the middle row of seats, and now the Fellowship stood stretching their legs and looking around at the bleak landscape. Some of them sat down on the ground to eat the strange food, which seemed, after all, safe enough. Sam gave a start of surprise as he bit hesitantly into the long yellow sticks.
      “Taters!” he said instantly. “And the best by far I’ve ever eaten, though a bit salty to my tastes.”
      “The beef also was of an excellent quality,” said Gimli, “though to put it on bread—aye, that is a new thing.”
      Legolas pulled a pale tomato off of his sandwich and looked at it distastefully.
      “It wasn’t very good,” Pippin informed him. “But I ate it anyway.”
      “Where is my sword?” Aragorn said suddenly. He looked around, as if expecting it to be simply lying on the ground somewhere.
      Legolas dropped the tomato and jumped to his feet, feeling behind his back. “And my bow!”
      Boromir’s hand flew to his side. “It is gone!” he said. Suddenly he turned on the hobbits. “What mischief have you been up to?”
      “We didn’t do anything! Honest!” Merry and Pippin protested together.

☺️☺️ Anyway…sorry to leave you at a cliffhanger, but that’s all I’ve written so far. I think you will find that they have their weapons, they just don’t know where to look for them yet. 😜

👰🏻🦊💥
      ENFJ-T. Arbitrary. Greet at your own risk. *trips on a rock*

Lady Iliara
      @lady-iliara

@daeus @silverclaw-bonnetfolly
        Tags…

👰🏻🦊💥

Anonymous
          • Total Posts: 1330

@lady-iliara That’s awesome! Nice job.

Catwing
          @catwing
            • Total Posts: 2557

@lady-iliara Wow. Nice. If you look on the Character Art Exchange #2 near the beginning is a collage I drew for a LotR Fanfic I have in my head.

IMMA KAPEEFER! Til we're old and gray!

Lady Iliara
            @lady-iliara

@catwing ooh, I like it! Wait, I have something to show you…
              Misadventures of the Fellowship
              Misadventures of the Fellowship 2

👰🏻🦊💥

Catwing
              @catwing

@lady-iliara *laughs* Those are hilarious! You are really good at drawing heads. I love the little phone details you put!
                Can remember if I said it on that post but, the girl in my collage is Sauron’s daughter, Anastasa. And the guy in the boat is Sauron. The mermaid is Anastasa’s mom. And that scene is how Anastasa’ parents met. ;P

Lady Iliara
                @lady-iliara

@catwing thanks! Yeah, faces come easiest to me…to the exclusion of all other things, haha! No really, I’m terrible at hands and feet. 😉
                  Oh, that’s interesting. Wait you mean like THE SAURON? *lowers voice* You know, like “The Guy behind the Eye”? Or does he just share the name?

👰🏻🦊💥

Joy
                  @dekreel
                    • Total Posts: 2304

@lady-iliara Heh, this is great! Now I seriously need to read the LOTR… *glances around nervously, hoping no one is glaring at me*

You can pronounce it however you want.

Anonymous
                      • Total Posts: 1330

@dekreel No worries…*whispers, “I haven’t read them either”* Don’t tell anyone, ok?

Catwing
                      @catwing

@lady-iliara yep. It’s the same guy. Why won’t it be? Which is weird since I also drew the eye in the collage, so he’s there twice. *shrug*

Silverclaw Bonnetfolly
                        @silverclaw-bonnetfolly
                          • Total Posts: 69

ADVENTURES IN MONTANA!!!!!!!!

NC Stokes
                          @daughteroftheking
                            • Total Posts: 1156

@lady-iliara Oh goodness… XD that’s funny. And the cartoons too! That pretty much sums up how I feel when my phone is nearly out of battery.

Blog: https://weridasusual.home.blog/

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                          >