About Me, I Guess?

Home Page Forums General Site Info Start HERE About Me, I Guess?

Tagged: 

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Cloudy
    @cloudy
      • Total Posts: 99

Pixel art can work in several different ways. You can do it digitally on a computer or traditionally (on paper). Traditionally is worked like this: You pick your subject and then you color in squares of graph paper or make the squares yourself on regular notebook paper. Digitally it’s a lot easier. You can get a program or do it online (i prefer a downloadable program). Each block of color will be part of a whole, and it’s actually pretty amazing what you can do with this medium. Go to my deviant art profile if you want some better explanations. wysteriacampion913.deviantart.com But what you won’t see me do with pixel art is animate. I’m still (compared to others) a rookie, and I need a little more practice in order to animate. And probably a better program and less school work. As it is, I got grounded from pixel art because it took too long and I would just sit there and roast my eyeballs just staring at the screen forever. Tell me if you’re interested in starting up pixel art! 🙂 @dragon-snapper

Hope Ann
      @hope
        • Total Posts: 1092

@cloudy Welcome! (from a very ‘not active member of the community) I keep telling myself I’m going to find time to get back on here more, and then I forget… But it is a grand place! You’ll enjoy it. 😀

INTJ - Inhumane. No-feelings. Terrible. Judgment and doom on everyone.

Cloudy
        @cloudy

@hope, thanks for the welcome. I think I will enjoy it here. The community alone is amazing. 😀

Emma Flournoy
          @emma-flournoy
            • Total Posts: 1352

@Cloudy Welcome!! Glad to have you. And nobody’s asked you yet what MBTI type you are. So I ask you, what is your MBTI type? (I’m guessing INTP. If I may make so bold as to guess. 😛 )

Cloudy
            @cloudy

@emma-flournoy You are very close! I am an INFP. How did you guess?

Josiah DeGraaf
              @aratrea
                • Total Posts: 717

@cloudy Sounds like a fun premise! Have you thought at all about what themes you want to be tackling in the book?

Editor-in-Chief Emeritus. Guiding authors at Story Embers.

Ethryndal
                @ethryndal
                  • Total Posts: 1013

@Cloudy Welcome, welcome, and thrice again, welcome! Cool title—Reality Bender. I likey. 🙂 I am Ethryndal, the resident Elf, Snark Vending Machine, and Giver of Explosions of Glitter.

As for @Emma-Flournoy guessing your MBTI type, that’s not the strangest personality themed thing that has happened on here. These people are MBTI wizards. No joke. 🙂 Oh, and I checked out your Deviant Art page, and wow, you’re really good! That one of Tony Stark—wow. Pretty cool.

So, yeah! Welcome to the Crazy Writing Bin! 😀

INTJ ➸Your friendly neighborhood mastermind. ➸https://thesarcasticelf.wordpress.com/

Cloudy
                  @cloudy

@aratrea I don’t really know. My supporting Character (who may turn out to be the main hero, I don’t know yet), deals with bullying because he was born “deformed” according to their standards and he doesn’t have any friends. My main character (Cori) deals with guilt and self-doubt, (like Liam my SC). But there are some areas where love is a definite motive. (Villian is all I’m going to say on that one.) But it’s not going to be a Christian Fiction. I can say that right now. I don’t mind Christian fiction…when it’s done well.And that means like, C.S. Lewis, or a few others. But I don’t like Christian fiction that’s especially for the age group on KP.With the exception of Shadows of the Herslwand by @hope. And I don’t think I could do it well.

Emma Flournoy
                    @emma-flournoy
                      • Total Posts: 1352

@Cloudy Weeelll…I have a habit of typing people I meet, and I know the functions well enough to know them when I see them. You seemed like an INTP. 😀
                      But now I know! My older sister @Kate-Flournoy is an INFP. She’s even more of an MBTI junky than I am, too.

Cloudy
                      @cloudy

Thanks. I like my title too. But isn’t that what we’re doing? We bend reality. Anything is possible in a book! And hello your royal, snarkiness. 🙂 You do it well. And the glitter is most becoming of you. 🙂 I’m not an MBTI ninja…I need to read the book. XD Thanks for the compliment. Tony took a long time. But thank goodness for the fill tool. XD @ethryndal

Josiah DeGraaf
                        @aratrea
                          • Total Posts: 717

@cloudy Those sound like some good thematic starting points! And you can certainly write strong themes without making your story explicitly-Christian. Our marketing director wrote a post earlier this year defining the basic principles of theme that you may find helpful on that front: https://kingdompen.org/a-new-focus-for-2017/ I’m right there with you concerning the dismal state of Christian fiction these days!

Editor-in-Chief Emeritus. Guiding authors at Story Embers.

Cloudy
                          @cloudy

Thanks so much, @aratrea! I will definitely be reading that article. Thanks for taking an interest in my work. 🙂

• This reply was modified 6 years, 12 months ago by Cloudy.
                          Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                          >