A Wrinkle In Time

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing Book Discussions A Wrinkle In Time

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Sam Kowal
    @sam-kowal
      • Total Posts: 635

@emily-d I really, really liked A Wrinkle In Time

It was  thoughtful, meaningful, almost spiritual, and it had a lot of intriguing symbolism and thing s like that. Open respect for Christianity, too, although it did mention the good qualities of other religions.

Plus, Meg and Calvin are really great characters. Meg’s internal conflicts are easy to relate to, and very understandable. She has a lot of meaningful growth throughout the book.

And also, it was wonderfully fresh. I absolutely love Madeleine L’Engle’s imagination 😀 XD, The sci-fi elements were nothing I’ve ever read before, and I really liked them

@ingridrd
      @dekreel 🙂 You guys liked it, too? Awesome

*Giarstanornarak tries to melt chair*
      Also, Daeus has 22 turtles in his signature.

Joy
      @dekreel
        • Total Posts: 2304

@emily-d  *pursues* *growls ferociously*  …Just kidding ;P  I see what you’re saying about the weirdness and stuff. Personally, I like it because of the action, and because it was interesting seeing what Meg was learning.

I hear there’s a new movie coming out, so maybe that one will be better. Although, it’s a Disney movie, so… I don’t know if it will be like the book… I’m still so excited about it! X)

You can pronounce it however you want.

Sam Kowal
        @sam-kowal
          • Total Posts: 635

@emily-d I really, really liked A Wrinkle In Time

It was  thoughtful, meaningful, almost spiritual, and it had a lot of intriguing symbolism and thing s like that. Open respect for Christianity, too, although it did mention there being good qualities in other religions.

Plus, Meg and Calvin are really great characters. Meg’s internal conflicts are easy to relate to, and very understandable. She has a lot of meaningful growth throughout the book.

And also, it was wonderfully fresh. I absolutely love Madeleine L’Engle’s imagination 😀 XD, The sci-fi elements were nothing I’ve ever read before, and I really liked them

@ingridrd
          @dekreel 🙂 You guys liked it, too? Awesome

*Giarstanornarak tries to melt chair*
          Also, Daeus has 22 turtles in his signature.

Lady Iliara
          @lady-iliara
            • Total Posts: 144

BOOM *rushes in and claims topic for her own* *threatens those who don’t like the books with her flamethrower* 🔥

I love her writing!! I’ve read A Wrinkle in Time, A Wind in the Door, and A Swiftly Tilting Planet (which is probably my favorite), and I really like her characters! I used to be a bit annoyed by Meg in Wind, but every time I reread it I like it better, and A Swiftly Tilting Planet is really intriguing! I’m also really excited for the movie coming out.

I don’t know what L’Engle’s personal views were, but I appreciated how she seemed to work in Scripture and and references to God and Jesus without sounding cliché or preachy. There’s so much richness and theme throughout too (I did an essay on the themes of good vs. evil and love vs. hate in A Wind in the Door—wowThere’s a lot more than at first glance!)

just don’t bash my books, people… *glares suspiciously around*

👰🏻🦊💥
            ENFJ-T. Arbitrary. Greet at your own risk. *trips on a rock*

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          >