A Wrinkle In Time

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing Book Discussions A Wrinkle In Time

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Emily D
    @emily-d
      • Total Posts: 168

Hello Kapeefers,

I wondered if any of you had read A Wrinkle In Time by Madeleine L’Engle and if so what you thought of it.  I just finished it today and would love to hear your opinions about it…Thanks!  🙂

@emily @perfectfifths @rolena-hatfield @mariposa @dragon-snapper @ingridrd @salome01w4g @epicaddie2 @joy @dekreel  @seekjustice @kate-flournoy @emma-flournoy @inkling-for-Christ

I tell my story. Not so that I get glory, but so that others may know Hope.

SeekJustice
      @seekjustice
        • Total Posts: 3365

@emily-d I have read it, but it was a very long time ago. I don’t remember liking it that much and thinking that it was just too weird for my taste.

What did you think of it?

INFP Queen of the Kingdom commander of an army of origami cranes and a sabre from Babylon.

Louise Fowler
        @perfectfifths
          • Total Posts: 726

@emily-d Yes, a few years ago. And watched the movie, but that’s not worth the time, to be honest. 😉

I quite enjoyed it. It was very different from any story I had read at that time, having not read a lot of sci-fi. It was part of our home-school English reading, I think, because I remember we had to draw what one of the planets looked like and some other stuff.

However, we’ve read about one and a half of the other books in the series, I think, and I haven’t been interested enough to finish it. The Wind in the Door, which is the next one, didn’t have much happen in it at all, and we hardly started Swiftly Tilting Planet, so I have no idea what happens in that.

So I would probably re-read A Wrinkle in Time, but maybe not the others. Those are my thoughts. Like @seekjustice said, it was weird, but not too weird for me. What did you think of it?

By the way, I like your signature. 😉 XD

Currently reading Les Miserables

Mariposa Aristeo
          @mariposa
            • Total Posts: 335

@emily-d I’ve heard of A Wrinkle in Time, but I’ve never actually read it.

Ingrid
            @ingridrd
              • Total Posts: 830

@emily-d  I read it a loooonng time ago and loved it!!!!  It is so well written and the characters are so real.  🙂

A dreamer who believes in the impossible...and dragons. (INFJ-T)

Anonymous
                • Total Posts: 1330

@emily-d I’ve never read it. I’ve never actually read any sci-fi. I think that my sister might have to read it for school this year, though. Did you enjoy it?

@shannon Do you have to read A Wrinkle in Time for school this year?

Anonymous
                  • Total Posts: 859

@emily, trust me, I have absolutely know clue.

Anonymous
                    • Total Posts: 1330

@shannon The word is “no” clue. *sighs* When will you learn, child?

Joy
                    @dekreel
                      • Total Posts: 2304

@emily-d  I LOVE WRINKLE IN TIME!!!! It’s so exciting and epic! And also symbolic, although I haven’t quite figured out what exactly the stuff symbolizes…

What was your favorite part? I like the part at the end where Meg saves Charles from IT with love.

Mind if I bring in another Wrinkle in Time fan?

@graciegirl
                      ! Get over here!

You can pronounce it however you want.

Aislinn Mollisong
                      @aislinn-mollisong
                        • Total Posts: 445

I’ve read it. Its rather decent, but not one of my favorites.

DO NOT READ IT FOR THE FIRST TIME AT NIGHT!!!!!

The movie is just…nope.

ENTP, Aether-borg Hero with cape obsession and fascination with swords.
                        https://forums.theaetherli

Louise Fowler
                        @perfectfifths

@aislinn-mollisong Yeah, I really agree about the movie. Just no, don’t bother. I mean, we all know books are always better anyway, but sometimes the movies are still good. Not the case here. 😛

Hannah
                          @salome01w4g
                            • Total Posts: 991

@emily-d never have read it.

~I don’t know what I’m doing~

Emily D
                            @emily-d

@seekjustice @perfectfifths  @mariposa @ingridrd @emily @shannon @dekreel @aislinn-mollisong @salome01w4g  Whoa!  Thanks for all the replies!!  🙂  So, A Wrinkle In Time…I’ll start by saying that I didn’t even know that there was a movie, but based on all the bad reviews, I probably won’t bother watching it.  The book, was, uh, I don’t know how to describe it.  I didn’t love it.  Like SeekJustice, it was just a bit weird for me…I wouldn’t recommend it.  I didn’t really connect with the characters.  And I really didn’t agree with some of what the author put in the book, the characters were putting Buddha, da Vinci, and Jesus on the same level.  🙁  A no from me.  Though, I have to say it was kinda fun reading it and trying to flesh out the author’s worldview.

Sorry Ingrid…*flees in terror*  😛  Oh no, here comes Dekreel!  *doubles running pace*

Emily D
                              @emily-d

It’s not letting me tag Mariposa Aristeo???  🙁

Louise Fowler
                                @perfectfifths

@emily I think I’ll have to read it again. I don’t remember much of it, but I do think I know what you mean about not connecting with the characters. But I think it was a fun read, very different to stuff I’d read before.

Also, let me try Mariposa’s tag… @mariposa

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >