A Wanderer Returns

Home Page Forums General Site Info Start HERE A Wanderer Returns

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    Corissa Maiden of Praise
    @corissa-maiden-of-praise
      • Total Posts: 256

So long story short, I used to be on here pretty regularly, but then life happened and I gave up not only the forum but also writing in general for a few months… I don’t even know how long it’s been since I was on here regularly. But now that I’m ready to return, I’ve noticed something strange… I don’t know who most of you are! So many wonderful new people have joined since I left that I feel I should probably briefly introduce myself again before jumping back into the full swing of things.

So hi! I’m Corissa. I enjoy writing mysteries, action/adventure, poetry, and some fantasy. I’ve finished two books, but both of them need more work than I’d care to admit. 😛 One of them I’ve pretty much given up as a lost cause, but the other is my current WIP– a mystery I wrote after finding out I’m distantly related to Jesse James. It’s… complicated, but I’m having fun figuring out backstory and doing research and improving the theme. My goal at this point is to have it done before Christmas, but we’ll see what happens. 😉

I’m 17 and home-schooled; I just finished 11th grade, but will be going into 11th grade again in order to take advantage of college dual credit opportunities that we were unaware of last year. It will save a lot of money, so I’d say graduating a year late is worth it. 😉 I plan to major in Communications with the goal of possibly becoming a free lance editor.

Once the fall semester starts I may not be on here a ton, but I plan on being on at least twice a week while I’m writing for some extra motivation. Sometimes I tend to leave writing by the wayside, and I don’t want that to happen again.

When it comes to hobbies and things I enjoy doing, writing and reading are my favorites, but others include singing, drama, archery, shooting, tree-climbing, rope-climbing, four-wheeling, camping, deep theological discussions, MBTI (I know that’s been a recent subject of discussion– I’ve enjoyed following it and learning extra details I didn’t know 🙂 ) and most importantly, spreading the Gospel of my Lord Jesus Christ to others.

For those of you who do like MBTI, my personality is ENFJ! Any others lurking about the forum besides @Daeus? 😀

I guess that’s about it! For those who remember me, hello again; and for all you amazing new people, I can’t wait to meet you! 😀

"Courage is action in spite of fear."

Snapper
      @dragon-snapper
        • Total Posts: 3515

@corissa-maiden-of-praise Nice to re-meet you! 😀 How’s it been? 😀
        *psst* Dragon Snapper is also an ENFJ, but don’t tell her I said that. She doesn’t like MBTI.
        Ooh…I’m trying to finish my WIP by Christmas too. We can be goal pals. 😀

• This reply was modified 6 years, 9 months ago by Snapper.
        • This reply was modified 6 years, 9 months ago by Snapper.

☀ ☀ ☀ ENFP ☀ ☀ ☀

Corissa Maiden of Praise

@dragon-snapper It’s been busy, but I can’t complain. 😉
          *whispers back* Don’t worry, your secret’s safe with me. 😉 I know MBTI is controversial, but personally I do find it helpful for relating to people.
          Goal pals! Yay! 😀 What’s your WIP about?

Daeus
          @daeus
            • Total Posts: 4238

Yeaaaaahhh!!!

That’s for you returning and for being an ENFJ (which is really awesome). 😉

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Corissa Maiden of Praise

@Daeus Thanks! It’s good to be back. 😀 We shall permeate the forum with ENFJ awesomeness! (and plenty of ice-cream, of course 😉 )

Anonymous
                • Total Posts: 1486

Welcome back Corissa! *Throws confetti*

Elizabeth
                @that_writer_girl_99
                  • Total Posts: 1819

Life happens indeed. Welcome back, Corissa! I’m excited to see you around the forum and get to know you. 🙂

I’m an INFP, but I love seeing all the ENFJ craziness that happens between @daeus and @dragon-snapper

Also, your username is super cool.

Writer. Dreamer. Sometimes blogger. MBTI mess. Lover of Jesus and books.

NC Stokes
                  @daughteroftheking
                    • Total Posts: 1156

@corissa-maiden-of-praise Welcome back! I’m new-ish around here, so I don’t think we’ve met. So… hi! Pleased to make your acquaintance. *hearty handshake* *celebratory ice cream* You like archery?! Sweet!

Blog: https://weridasusual.home.blog/

Ethryndal
                    @ethryndal
                      • Total Posts: 1013

Woot! Welcome back!

(I am almost certain you know me, but I can’t remember. So hi. *bows* I’m Sarah. *checks back through my introduction* Oh wait, you don’t know me. *bows again* Ethryndal of the Elves, at your service.)

INTJ ➸Your friendly neighborhood mastermind. ➸https://thesarcasticelf.wordpress.com/

Snapper
                      @dragon-snapper

@corissa-maiden-of-praise *cough* My WIP is highly confidential dragon business. *cough again* I cannot give any information on that subject…not yet. *cough* It is the internet after all… *cough*
                        In other words, it is a cauldron mix of Tron: Legacy, Star Wars and Ranger’s Apprentice. 😀 Space opera kinda thing…
                        Wow… does anyone have some cough medicine?

I’m an INFP, but I love seeing all the ENFJ craziness that happens between @daeus and @dragon-snapper

@that_writer_girl_99
                        *glances out from beneath piles of gold* Ooh…good. *glances with a sideways glance* Look over there! Ice cream! *chases ice cream truck*
                        Seriously, it would be terrible if there was a KP conference and an ice cream truck missed our road. 😀

☀ ☀ ☀ ENFP ☀ ☀ ☀

Snapper
                        @dragon-snapper

How odd. I do believe I just tagged myself…

☀ ☀ ☀ ENFP ☀ ☀ ☀

Ethryndal
                          @ethryndal
                            • Total Posts: 1013

@dragon-snapper Well, you have to remember yourself too, I suppose…

INTJ ➸Your friendly neighborhood mastermind. ➸https://thesarcasticelf.wordpress.com/

Kate Flournoy
                            @kate-flournoy
                              • Total Posts: 3976

Welcome back @Corissa-Maiden-of-Praise! The world can always use more ENFJs. 😉

Emma Flournoy
                              @emma-flournoy
                                • Total Posts: 1352

Hey hey @Corissa-Maiden-of-Praise! I remember you. I liked it when you were on here too. WELCOME BACK! And I’m…part ENFJ. At least. Something like that.

Corissa Maiden of Praise

@winter-rose Thanks!

@that_writer_girl_99
                                  INFPs are awesome! And yes, ENFJs can be pretty crazy sometimes… you’ve just gotta get us in the right mood. 😉 And thanks! *whispers* Corissa isn’t actually my real name, but I like that name, and it means “maiden,” and I love to sing; so hence, Corissa Maiden of Praise. 😀 Your name is neat too; I assume the 99 stands for 1999? If so, we were born the same year! 😀

@daughteroftheking
                                  Archery is the coolest! 😀 I’m better at shooting, but I definitely enjoy archery more. I just don’t have as much time to practice as I’d like. 😉 And thanks for the ice-cream! *happily devours it*

@ethryndal
                                  Pleased to make your acquaintance! 😀 I did get on once or twice and comment on a couple things, so that may be where you know me from. 😉

@dragon-snapper
                                  *offers you cough drops* No problem! We’s can be patientses, preciousss. 😉

@kate-flournoy
                                  Thanks!

@emma-flournoy
                                  I remember you too! 😀 Yes, I don’t think anyone is truly one specific MBTI type, and some manifest that more than others. But you’ve already discussed that in length on a different thread. I’m part T myself, so I totally get it. 😉
                                  Thanks for the hearty welcomes everyone! It feels so good to be writing again. I’ve missed it and I’ve missed all of you!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >