Home Forums Fiction Writing General Writing Discussions A Keeper Adventure

This topic contains 106 replies, has 22 voices, and was last updated by  Silverclaw Bonnetfolly 2 days, 10 hours ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 107 total)
  • Author

Dekreel
    @dekreel
    • Total Posts: 238

Calling all fantasy/dragon/LOTR lovers!

Okay, guys, I have been considering doing something crazy: I want to write a novella/short story about US. Specifically I want to write it about us odd, fantastic creatures (like @dragon-snapper, @catwing, and myself, and/or other creatures that I am not aware of here). But I do also wanna include humans/humanoids (Sorry, I’m a sci-fi fan XD), like @lady-iliara or @aislinn-mollisong or @silverclaw-bonnetfolly. So, the question is: Am I crazy?? Would this work?? Are y’all ok with it?

Here is a concept drawing I did of Catwing, Snapper, Iliara and me:Concept drawing

Pronounced DEE-kreel. Music-maker, Daydreamer, Expert Whovian, ENFP.

Lady Iliara
    @lady-iliara
    • Total Posts: 113

@dekreel OH MY GOODNESS THAT’S SO COOL!!! DO IT!!! DO IT!!!

• This reply was modified 1 week, 1 day ago by  Lady Iliara.

πŸ‘°πŸ»πŸ¦ŠπŸ’₯
    ENFJ-T. Arbitrary. Greet at your own risk. *trips on a rock*

Daeus
    @daeus
    • Total Posts: 3905

@dekreel Sure. Sounds great. πŸ˜‰

Have you read The Legend Of King Daeus yet? It’s a KeePers story. There’s one and a sequel.

Sam Kowal
    @sam-kowal
    • Total Posts: 90

@dekreel *jaw drops* *Stan immediately starts howling and I don’t know why*

Okay, well, I’m a dragon lover. And a fantasy lover. And a Lord of the Rings lover. And so is Stan:D

(Stan wants to be in the story but I keep telling him he’ll slow y’all down what with having no wings)

So, yeah, do it! πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ That would be awesome

Ben P.
    @supermonkey42
    • Total Posts: 35

@dekreel Great idea! But it has to be funny. πŸ˜‰

So, we have two Legend of King Daeus stories and now this one… pretty soon we’ll be able to make a whole book of KP short stories! πŸ˜€

Avid reader, assistant robot builder, Star Wars megafan, INTJ, and computer geek.

Kate Flournoy
    @kate-flournoy
    • Total Posts: 3828

@dekreel go for it! Maybe you and @dragon-snapper could co-write something… she’s already done something very similar. πŸ˜€

INFP. As weird as you think I am, and then some. https://kateeverythingwriting.wordpress.com/

Gabrielle
    @winter-rose
    • Total Posts: 1315

@dekreel Do it! πŸ™‚ And it looks like a few people have beat me in mentioning LOKD. But seriously. Go read it. πŸ™‚

I WILL survive college. Probably. https://thegreatrisingpuzzlement.wordpress.com/

Dekreel
    @dekreel

@daeusΒ @winter-rose Haven’t read that yet! I’ve heard about it…

*reads LOKD* *comes back* Nice job, @dragon-snapper! OOOH! Daeus, where’s the sequel???

@sam-kowal Is Stan your dragon? Hmm, I believe that he’s story-eligible! Does he have any special powers? Talents? Loves? *braces self for giant dragon footfalls*

EpicAddie2
    @epicaddie2
    • Total Posts: 515

@dekreel YES YOU SHOULD TOTALLY DO IT!!!

I believe the sequel of LOKD is on page 31 on the same thread that the first on is on. If it isn’t page 31 than it should be 32. I think.

Could I be in the story? *puppy eyes* Please?

The sort-of-official KP Ranger

Dekreel
    @dekreel

@epicaddie2 Haha, sure! Are you a dragon? A human? Humanoid? An ex-evil monster from deep within the Chasms of Taranar (like me)? A… *glances at your puppy eyes* a puppy?

DaughterOfTheKing
    @daughteroftheking
    • Total Posts: 724

@dekreel *slams table* DO IT!!!!!!!!

I humbly request that you put my pet tiger, Reggie, in it. He feels left out because I don’t have him as my profile pic anymore. (I should change that)

You don’t have to, though. Reggie will just sulk in the corner. And I’ll have to deal with a sulky tiger. *pats Reggie’s head reassuringly*

But not without regard for the double negative!

DaughterOfTheKing
    @daughteroftheking
    • Total Posts: 724

There you go, Reggie. A picture of you looking… um, ferocious. Yeah. Ferocious.

But not without regard for the double negative!

Dekreel
    @dekreel

@daughteroftheking What a beautiful creature! *tries very hard not to look like she’s sorry for Reggie* Sure, I think I can fit a tiger in there somewhere… What about you? Do you want to be in there too? Maybe as Reggie’s trainer?

• This reply was modified 1 week, 1 day ago by  Dekreel.

Dekreel
    @dekreel

@supermonkey42 Sorry I missed your comment! Actually that would work – having a book of KP short stories. πŸ˜€

Funny… is not my cup of tea. But I’ll try! And of course I’ll have y’all beta-read it πŸ˜‰ I think @dragon-snapper would be good at adding the humor – considering her LOKD.

Sam Kowal
    @sam-kowal
    • Total Posts: 90

@dekreel πŸ˜€ yep, Stan is my dragon, although I don’t think he likes me saying he’s “mine”

He would love to be in your story! (He’s thrashing around in delight right now)

You know, I think appreciation for him really does do wonders. He has grown a LOT since coming to Kingdom Pen (And he can breathe a flame as long as a matchstick now, which is a great improvement)

He’s quite a small dragon still though, and he can’t fly (his wings are underdeveloped)

Also, his firebreathing is a bit scant.

He has a heart of gold, though, and he’s really kind. (That doesn’t mean he’s not vicious though. You should have seen him with the anti-rebel force and @supermonkey42—maybe I shouldn’t get into that)

He really loves Raspberries. And his dream is to fly one day.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 107 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.