A Dragon's Snapper

Home Page Forums General Site Info Start HERE A Dragon's Snapper

Viewing 4 posts - 31 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    Jess
    @jess
      • Total Posts: 575

@dragon-snapper I just saw the other day! I’m so excited! Apparently, they tried to start making a movie a few years back, but ran out of funding or something. I really hope they stick to the book and not make a ton of changes… But regardless, I’m seeing it. 😀

Linyang Zhang
      @devastate-lasting
        • Total Posts: 1700

Hi! I’ve recently read one of your poems, and I’m just wondering, in order for something to get published on here, (like poems), is it not allowed to be on other websites? I mean, I read the guidelines, and it said no being published on other websites, but does posting on social media count? So, thanks. Also, what is your definition of ‘true art’?

Lately, it's been on my brain
        Would you mind letting me know
        If hours don't turn into days

Snapper
        @dragon-snapper
          • Total Posts: 3515

@devaste-lasting Hmm, that’s a good question. I think it might be if it’s published by someone other than yourself. Like an eMag or a blog or something, you wouldn’t publish it here. I am not, however, positive, so you can ask the official people by emailing them. The email is in the top paragraph of the ‘Get Published’ page, I believe.
          True art…that’s a pretty broad question. I’ve never considered it before…Hmmm…
          *ponders for a bit*
          Okay, so true art could be simply considered as God’s creation. Think about it. Trees are art. The sky is art. Outer Space is definitely art. Anything created is art. Our talents, then, are art, given by God. So when we create art, we may be using it glorify ourselves, but in reality, it glorifies God. There is nothing we can make that outdoes God. Everything we make is to glorify God; that is why God made us, to glorify Him. 1 Corinthians 6:20
          For you are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God’s.
          Also, on the word ‘true’, I know it is a word of dispute these days. However, it is not just what is true to us, it is what is true to God, according to His word. If we tried to draw what is true completely based on ourselves, we’d be messed up. Our hearts are deceitful above all things, Jeremiah says, and so true.
          Thoughts?

☀ ☀ ☀ ENFP ☀ ☀ ☀

Linyang Zhang
          @devastate-lasting
            • Total Posts: 1700

Nice answer. Very similar to one of the other answers I thought up: Art if man trying to reflect God’s creation. Your thoughts on the word, ‘true’, is also true, if I may use it that way. Which is why everyone’s definitions of something are always so different. Anyway, pleased to make your acquaintance! *tips hat*

Lately, it's been on my brain
            Would you mind letting me know
            If hours don't turn into days

Viewing 4 posts - 31 through 34 (of 34 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          >