A Dog in the Kingdom of Pen

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing General Writing Discussions A Dog in the Kingdom of Pen

• This topic has 204 replies, 24 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by Joy.
Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 205 total)
  • Author
    WarrenLuther04
    @warrenluther04
      • Total Posts: 270

@ingridrd Character notes updated! 🙂

@kaya-young
      Thanks so much! 😀 😀 I’m glad you liked it. *barks happily*

@filewriterbase13x
      Thanks! *chuckles* That should be happening sometime soon…. *disappears mysteriously into the shadows* 🙂

*reappears* Okay. I have updated your character notes! *re-disappears*

*reappears* @supermonkey42 Thanks! It’s fine, I’m late to a lot of the stuff done too. 🙂

Yep. It’s kinda cool, huh? 🙂

:0 :0 :0 REALLY???? 😀 😀 😀 😀 AWESOME! *howls ecstatically*

@jenwriter17
      Thank you! *chuckles* Ohh yess…. 😀 🙂

@notawriter
      Thanks! 🙂 That next installment should be posted in about a week…it depends on how much time I have to write…. *shivers* Public school…. *shivers*

@emma-flournoy
      Thanks! *adds Princess Emma to character notes*

Kapeefer 'Till We're Old and Grey!
      ENFJ-T ... I think (haven't taken the quiz in awhile)

WarrenLuther04
      @warrenluther04

@dekreel @dragon-snapper Would you guys mind if I used troll-things in my KP stories? Also, could I maybe add in a couple more creatures that live in the Vivid Green forest? Thanks! 🙂

Joy
        @dekreel
          • Total Posts: 2304

@warrenluther04  I don’t mind. Rochellaine and Ariel might though……

I suppose you can — Just don’t associate the troll-things with either of them 😉

( @rochellaine  @ariel-ashira  Feel free to clarify anything 😉 )

You can pronounce it however you want.

Joy
          @dekreel
            • Total Posts: 2304

@warrenluther04  Oh, and YES! Creatures are AWESOME 😉

You can pronounce it however you want.

Ariel Ashira
            @ariel-ashira
              • Total Posts: 739

@dekreel @dragonsnapper @warrenluther04 @rochellaine

I hope I am not offending anyone.  That is the last thing I want to do!

Some of us may feel free to do things with a clear conscience that others of us wouldn’t.  I hope we can all continue to be friends while at the same time we can express our beliefs.

Some things are clearly stated in the Bible, while other things are for the individual to do or not do depending on how God leads him or her.  I hope we can all continue to learn from eachother and work with our differences in a way that honors God and shows the world we love eachother!

I have learned so much from you guys already.  All of you are awesome!

"In a mask, was he?"

Ariel Ashira
              @ariel-ashira

Ahh I meant to tag @dragon-snapper

"In a mask, was he?"

WarrenLuther04
                @warrenluther04

@dekreel Okay. @rochellaine , you OK? Maybe you could be there to disbelief them…(?) If you don’t want that to happen please clarify. They won’t appear in the next installment most likely, so I have a bit of time to clarify.

@ariel-ashira
                  No offense taken! But would it be okay if I added talking flying squirrels or something? I just think that the Vivid Greens or other forests should have more life in them than just troll-things. But if you don’t want this, please let me know! I don’t want to offend anyone on KP with my KaPeeFer literature!

WarrenLuther04
                  @warrenluther04

@dekreel @catwing @dragon-snapper @notawriter @all-other-artists

I started this concept cover thingy for my Dog in KP stories today, but it wasn’t turning out the way that I would have liked. (Partly because it was manga and I’m not good at drawing manga animals.) Would one (or more) of you guys like to actually start/finish it for me? I’d appreciate it a lot. 🙂

Oh, and I’d also like Snapper to be present, but I realized that I hadn’t left enough room….

Thanks! 😀

Snapper
                    @dragon-snapper
                      • Total Posts: 3515

@ariel-ashira 😀 I totally get that. 🙂 No offense taken. I’m glad you spoke up. 😀 😀 *gives you ice cream*

☀ ☀ ☀ ENFP ☀ ☀ ☀

Rochellaine
                      @rochellaine
                        • Total Posts: 3322

@filewriterbase13x Cool! 🙂  I think @catwing has similar beliefs to you: that all magic is bad, but not necessarily magical creatures or fictional references to magic.

@warrenluther04
                        @dekreel @ariel-ashira

If there are trolls in the story, I don’t think I want to be in the story.  Warren, I understand where you’re coming from when you ask if I would just disbelief them, but I actually would feel that it was making a joke of something which is too serious to be joked about.  To me it would be the same as saying a demon was cute and sweet and likeable, and then making fun of him for his bad manners or something, because people would then begin to treat demons as though they were not evil, like they’ve done with vampires.  The only way I would get rid of a troll would be saying something like “In the name of Jesus, I command you to depart,” which is entirely too serious for something like this, (it should just be a fun, cute story,) and would probably be taken badly by most of your other readers.

That being said, I love imaginary creatures like Dekreel and Catwing which have no basis in real world myths and are simply the creations of their author’s minds.  I read the Chuck Black Kingdom books and adored them, and he had a lot of fictional creatures – both good and bad – in those.

I also don’t mind talking animals at all.  I believe those can be either good or evil, as is shown in the Bible by the serpent in the Garden and Baalam’s talking donkey, (the story of the latter is one of my favorites, because it’s really funny.)  Dragons, unicorns, and any other “fantastical” creatures which are neither fully nor part humanoid, but originated in the real world are fine too.  Ariel believes fairies and elves are fine, so if you’d like to include her with those that’s okay, but I don’t want to be in the story in that case.  (I’m not going to go into a long discussion of the “why” here, just the “what.”)

I feel like this sounds demanding and harsh, and I’m so sorry if it does!  I love everyone here, and know that we all have different beliefs.  Romans 14 is a great passage for this kind of thing, and using it as a reference I will just say, write the story as you like, but if there’s something that you want to put in that conflicts with my conscience, just leave me out of the story and I will feel no offense.

Thanks everyone, for being so kind about this! 🙂

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

Rochellaine
                        @rochellaine
                          • Total Posts: 3322

@warrenluther04 @dekreel Oh, and I’d be perfectly fine with using my realitization and disbelief abilities against bad guys/creatures that were purely imaginatory.  I absolutely love my character in the KPA! (just say I have a really good imagination, like Dekreel did, instead of calling them magical or superpowers.)

• This reply was modified 6 years, 1 month ago by Rochellaine.

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

Anonymous
                            • Total Posts: 115

@warrenluther04

I forgot to mention, I’m a 16 year-old human girl. 🙂

WarrenLuther04
                            @warrenluther04

@rochellaine Oh, okay. Would it be okay if I just kept you out of the parts with troll-things? Because your character in the KPAs is awesome, in my opinion. 🙂 But I understand completely. Would you be okay with disbelief-ing them if there were an army of evil troll-things? (I’m considering having that at one point or another. No spoilers though! 😉 )

Okay. Baalam’s donkey is a funny story! *chuckles*

It’s not! It’s just you stating what you would like your character to be like, and I like having your guys’ opinions on that!

Okay. Your disbelief powers are now to be referred to as “imagination.” 🙂 Thanks for clarifying!

@allison-grace Oh, thanks! 🙂 Character notes have been updated.

Ariel Ashira
                              @ariel-ashira

@warrenluther. Talking animals are great.  I have writen stories with talking animals.

@dragon-snapper
                                Thank you!

@rochellaine
                                . Right on!  Although I dont know how I feel about faries and elves.  Never thought about it much before. 🙂  I probably dont object to them, but I dont believe in them either.

Good friends dont always understand, but they are understanding.  Thank you all for letting me be where I am.

"In a mask, was he?"

WarrenLuther04
                                @warrenluther04

@ariel-ashira Okay. 🙂 That’s good, since my character is a talking dog! 😀

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 205 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >