A Christmas Sam Story

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing General Writing Discussions A Christmas Sam Story

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
      • Total Posts: 1486

Hey, Keepers!

A long time ago I wrote a story about an unfortunate kid named Sam. I love Sam. And I’ve got a few readers who like him, too.

I want to write a Christmas themed Sam story, but unfortunately, I don’t have many ideas. Would a few of you be willing to help me brainstorm? It’s a modern story.

For those who don’t know Sam, he is, above all:

1. Afraid of girls

2. hopelessly infatuated with a specific girl, Brittney

3. Fails miserably at walking, talking to girls, driving in town, and pretty much everything else

4. Sarcastic

5. an INFP

6. sixteen

If you want to get a feel for his voice here’s a part of one of his stories.

All I’ve got so far is a snowball fight with a melodramatic Sam narration at the beginning. I’m open to setting ideas, character arcs, potential disasters, etc.

@Shannon @Emily @daughteroftheking @dragon-snapper @graciegirl @Cindygreen @sleepwalkingmk @mariposa @ethryndal

Anonymous
        • Total Posts: 1330

@winter-rose I don’t know how much help I’ll be with this. 🙂 I’ll probably just leave it with everybody else. 😛

Daeus
        @daeus
          • Total Posts: 4238

Yes! That would be awesome.

Maybe he has to get Brittney a present?

He spills his hot chocolate on someone?

He gets visited by an eccentric aunt he hasn’t seen since he was four?

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

introvert_girl
          @introvert_girl
            • Total Posts: 153

@winter-rose

here are a few quick ideas that came to mind:

He could get pulled into acting in a Christmas play,
            go Christmas caroling,
            or shovel snow for an elderly neighbor,
            or have a girl ask him for advice on what to buy as a gift for another guy (one of his friends or something?)
            Good luck with your story! *tips hat*

And he said unto her, Daughter, thy faith hath made thee whole; go in peace.

introvert_girl
            @introvert_girl

I like @daeus ideas. Especially about spilling hot cocoa on someone. (I can attest from an INFP’s perspective, that sounds mortifying.)

Mariposa Aristeo
              @mariposa
                • Total Posts: 335

@winter-rose Maybe he could receive a gift that he thinks is from Brittney, but later he finds out it’s from someone else.

He could accidentally destroy someone’s tree and has to find a replacement but all the stores have left is a hot pink tree.

Looking forward to reading his adventures! I know you’ll come up with something awesome. 🙂

Sam Kowal
                @sam-kowal
                  • Total Posts: 635

@winter-rose UMMM

First of all, I’m a proud ENFJ

Secondly, I AM NOT afraid of girls.

Thirdly… I don’t like Britney. I actually NEVER liked her. And Stan will back me up on that.

And lastly… I DON’T FAIL A– well, maybe I kind of do.

I should just stalk away at this egregious misconstrue-ment of myself. But… this actually kinda sounds good, I hafta admit. ;D

So… he hears Britney’s going to be in a Christmas play. He hates the idea of being in a play, but he wants to join just to see her. So he auditions, but accidentally gets into a different Christmas play, one that’s way lamer and without Britney.

So, he tries to transfer, but he can’t. So then he just kind of quits going to his play practice, and he gets another chance at getting at Britney- the directors of Britney’s play offer to let him do the promotion, like passing out pamphlets. in the heat of the moment, he agrees, and then totally regrets it. So he has the old lady directing his original play after him, and he’s supposed to passing out packets to another play, and he’s completely hating all of it. And then his best friend is like, C’mon, Sam, you gotta do something about this. And at the same time, there’s a Christmas party that Britney and a bunch of other people are at, and he sort of wants to go but doesn’t know if he can bring himself into a situation like that, being in a lame play and all.

Britney isn’t going to show up the party until late, and there’s a bunch of other guys at the party who Sam is sure are going to ask her on a date, or something.

So then he hatches on the Mother Plan.

He calls up his old lady the play director, and has her get all the other old ladies and men in costumes (I’m thinking this is like, a senior play)

And then he sends his play into the Christmas party to perform the play right in front of all the teens.

His play senior people are carrying around huge posters he scratched up that are advertising Britney’s play, so it looks like everyone’s in costume and walking around advertising for the play. Check, check. After he drops his infiltration squad of seniors off, he calls Britney and tells her about what’s happening at the party, and she doesn’t really want to go anymore, right? And does she wanna go shopping across town, or something?

Bingo.

Except, he buys her the complete wrong present, something she hates, and ruins it all.

😀 So… maybe you don’t wanna use that exactly, but that might help to get some ideas going for you. That’s all I can brainstorm for now

*Giarstanornarak tries to melt chair*
                  Also, Daeus has 22 turtles in his signature.

Sam Kowal
                  @sam-kowal
                    • Total Posts: 635

@winter-rose Also I have no idea what play it could be, they just both need to be the same one, which is how he gets confused.

*Giarstanornarak tries to melt chair*
                    Also, Daeus has 22 turtles in his signature.

Anonymous
                      • Total Posts: 1486

@Emily Thanks for the thought anyway 😀

@daeus
                      @introvert-girl @mariposa @sam-kowal

All these ideas are awesome! So much potential for disaster! Mwahahaha. 😀 You guys have already come up with way more ideas than I have, and I’ve had weeks. Thank you all. 🙂 Now all I need to do is take these ideas and chew them over in a dark corner somewhere.

Oh yes, and Sam, all my apologies for the “egregious misconstrue-ment” of yourself.  ;P

introvert_girl
                      @introvert_girl

@winter-rose *curtsies* glad to be of help! 🙂

Snapper
                        @dragon-snapper
                          • Total Posts: 3515

@sam-kowal (GO ENFJs!)

@winter-rose Aw, Sam. I member Sam. He was hilarious.

Maybe he could accidentally hit Brittney in the face with a snowball. :\

Maybe Brittney invite Sam to go christmas caroling with them. Hehe.

Maybe he goes ice-skating, and cannot ice skate at all.

☀ ☀ ☀ ENFP ☀ ☀ ☀

Daeus
                          @daeus
                            • Total Posts: 4238

@dragon-snapper

Maybe Brittney invites Sam to go Christmas caroling with them.

If this happens, she should be an amazing singer and him a not so very good one. 😉

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Snapper
                            @dragon-snapper
                              • Total Posts: 3515

@daeus A horrible singer. XD

☀ ☀ ☀ ENFP ☀ ☀ ☀

NC Stokes
                              @daughteroftheking
                                • Total Posts: 1156

@winter-rose Sam!!!! Sam is cool. I don’t have any ideas myself, but these Kapeefers have good ones. 😀 Yay for another Sam story!

Blog: https://weridasusual.home.blog/

Ingrid
                                @ingridrd
                                  • Total Posts: 830

@winter-rose  I love Sam!!!!  Please write this…it would be brilliant.

Here are some unoriginal ideas (I’m just agreeing with other peoples’ thoughts):

Definitely have him give Brittney a present

The eccentric aunt/relative sounds amazing!!

Maybe he has to attend a Christmas party…and Brittney is there…or King (that’s his name, right?).  Hmmm….

A dreamer who believes in the impossible...and dragons. (INFJ-T)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >