A Catwing Christmas

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing General Writing Discussions A Catwing Christmas

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 166 total)
  • Author
    Ariella Newheart
    @ariella-newheart
      • Total Posts: 141

@catwing Yes, I am a prankster! *chuckles darkly*

Perhaps the last rock is The Rock (as from my story?) and it escapes sometimes?

That’s a good idea! 😀 I have to say, The Rock is my favorite. (Why is it that I always choose the crazy characters as my favorites? *scratches head*)

INFJ. An extroverted introvert who loves to write and draw.

*disappears into the shadows*

Catwing
      @catwing
        • Total Posts: 2557

@ariella-newheart Because sometimes the crazy and weird ones are intresting and fun.

IMMA KAPEEFER! Til we're old and gray!

Catwing
        @catwing

I realized I left this project too long… So here’s the next part.
          I split it so it is shorter. :3 *shrug*

Part Five
          Tennis Court

Catwing had been attempting to run after them on the ground, but for whatever reason her feet weren’t touching the ground as she ran. Looking over at Snapper, she realized some flying and walking rule had been reversed. Snapper was flapping her wings, her feet pulled up under her. Instead of flying she was wobbling along the ground as if she was using her legs.
          “This is insane! What just happened?!” Snapper sat down. Or she tried, she ended up shooting up into the air. “Gggrraaaaaaaa!” And then she fell back down. “What’s going on?!”
          Catwing extended her wings and landed. “It appears we have entered opposite territory. So we will always do the opposite of everything.” She blinked. “I think that is the first time I heard you speak without melting a chair afterwards.”
          “But,” Snapper paused. “Never mind. Let’s get out of here.”
          Running forward Catwing, slowly flew back. “This is very annoying. Where do you think the others are?”
          Snapper grinned. “What if they were all going very slow and shot ahead of us since this is opposite? We could walk slowly backwards and it would make us fly faster than a bullet!” Her feet started backwards and she vanished.
          A grin crept onto Catwing’s face now. “This is awesome.” She at a snail’s pace stepped backwards. Wind rushed through her fur and feathers as she zipped forward. It felt like it was pulling her back as it pushed her forward. Then she saw something big and yellow. /Stop!/ She mentally screamed. But she only sped up. Gravity kicked in as she exited the Opposite. It pulled her down, like the weight of the world. Her wings spread out. /NO!/ She crashed face first into a plate of tarts. Raspberry filling and flaky bread was stuffed into her face.
          “Off with her head! Though tarts are for my little toe!”
          Licking the delicious tarts off her face, Catwing sat up. She had landed on a table in the middle of a tennis court. The Queen of Hearts was swinging a sword madly at King Daeus. None of them ever hit him, he dodged used his sword to block her. Unfortunately he was starting to laugh. “Seriously? Who feeds tarts to their feet?”
          “Her name is Wart!” The Queen swung at his head. But he dodged by bending over to laugh. “Off with your head!” She swung at his head again. Then twice more.
          “Three strikes! Court is called to order!” Catwing screamed waving her paws like crazy. They all looked at her. “And I found a lawyer to settle all this—” /Where’s the rock lawyer?! Where did I set him down?!/
          “Really? I don’t see one, and the court has already been called to order. Where is the lawyer?” She walked toward Catwing.
          “Umm…” /Great, I liked my head./ She braced herself to fly. “Meah.” /Good bye food./
          “Well, that’s interesting you don’t look like a lawyer.” The Queen raised an eyebrow.
          Catwing froze. /She must have thought I said me…Can I be a lawyer?/ “Uh, yeah sure, I’ll be the substitute lawyer.” The tennis court started filling up cards, KaPeeFers, and other weird creatures. /Where is that rock?/
          The Queen waltzed over to a throne that had appeared. “This should be good.”
          /According to Wonder I just have to be a substitute until that Rock shows up./ Catwing picked up a scroll that had appeared by her. The scent of raspberry ice cream reached her nose. Across the court Claws sat down on a couch. /I suppose I should start./ She locked him in the eye, Claws slouched down. “Do you prefer cheese or pepperoni pizza?”
          Having recovered from laughing Daeus stood up and looked at all the people gathered. “What does that question have to do with anything?”
          “Merrrrist.” /Fish pepperoni cheese pizza./ Claws purred.
          “The court is ordering and I’m the substitute lawyer.” Catwing shrugged andread her scroll. “Claws is on trial, it is only fair that him gets to choose the food that the court was called to order.”
          “Piiiiizzzzzzzaaaaa!” The Pizza Ninja jumped into the court carrying a tower of pizza boxes. Amazingly she didn’t drop any, but with the most skill she tossed them around at everyone.
          Catching one, Catwing opened it to smell the aroma of fish pepperoni. Most of the humans however eyed them suspiciously. She sighed.
          “I’m sure this isn’t how a court is held.” Daeus dropped his pizza box and started toward the Queen of Hearts. “This is my kingdom, not yours, I believe I get the throne.”
          “It’s how Wonder courts are held.” Catwing grinned at a slice of pizza as she held it up. “Your throne is on the other side of the court.”
          Turning to look at the other throne, Daeus furrowed his forehead. “That was /not/ there before.”
          Catwing swished her tail. “Well, let’s see.” She turned back to her scroll. “Santa Claws is charged of eating food without asking and im/cat/sonation, by Daeus. Sentence is TBD. The Queen of Hearts is charged with acting out of rank —the act of calling for heads to be cut off—, refusing to leave, attacking the king, insanity, and being heartless, by Daeus. Sentence is also TBD. Stan, Sam, Daeus, Catwing, —oh, that’s me— Aislinn, Alia, Snapper, Kaya, and Hans. Of the south. All charged with insurrection. Sentence is there heads to be cut off… ” She gulped. “Catwing is also charged with smashing tart made for Wart, by the Queen of Hearts.” She glared at the paper, willing it to change. It just blew a raspberry at her. The raspberry bounced off her nose. “Really?”
          “Who wrote that?” Daeus asked, he hadn’t seen it throw a raspberry.
          Catwing turned the paper over and around. “It wrote itself.”
          Daeus started biting into his new raspberry crown. “Mind telling me how this court works?”

@daeus
          @dragon-snapper @salome01w4g @sam-kowal @Jane-maree

@Daughteroftheking
          @arriella-newheart @winter-rose @aislinn-mollisong

Joy
          @dekreel
            • Total Posts: 2304

@catwing

Court is called to order!

NO! No, no, no, no, no, no…. That was a terrible pun! X’D

Nice job, Catwing! One question: Who is “Hans?”

You can pronounce it however you want.

Daeus
            @daeus
              • Total Posts: 4238

This is quite the wonder world. 😂

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Jessi Rae
              @jessi-rae
                • Total Posts: 250

@catwing This is so WONDER-ful! XD

Ariella Newheart
                @ariella-newheart
                  • Total Posts: 141

@catwing Oh my goodness. I can’t even. xD Have a cookie, please.

INFJ. An extroverted introvert who loves to write and draw.

*disappears into the shadows*

Anne of Lothlorien
                  @anne-of-lothlorien
                    • Total Posts: 440

@catwing THIS IS AMAZING! How can any KP stories not be?

SO… can I have a part in the next parts??? I’m an adopted sister-elf that lives in Lothlorien, but also time travels to London a lot. I wear sort of 3 Musketeer stuff, red boots, elaborate scabbard, cloak and swooping hat. *swoops swooping hat* The Secret Lady of London, at your service.

ENFP - "One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite insane."

Alia
                    @alia
                      • Total Posts: 1253

the Wonderful puns call to me! they are just too Wonderful to ignore. I think we need a Wonder court to call us to order…

and I’m done…

@catwing
                      , its amazing. and I am officially mentioned in two different parts, so I’m happy. 🙂

I think KP lit is now one of my favorite genres

WIP - Decisions
                      Kapeefer til we're old and grey

Catwing
                      @catwing

@dekreel It is a terrible pun. That I came up with XP
                        Who is Hans?! (Do I really need to give more hints?)
                        Hans of the South[ern Isles.] From Frozen. It was a random pun Easter egg. [I watch bonus features and they hid him twice in Big Hero Six. The statue that gets smashed by Baymax’s rocket hand and on a wanted poster at the police station. Though it’s hard to tell, unless the bonus features show you. and when I was writing I for some reason thought of how they said he is not liked wherever he goes. So the Queen of Hearts who keeps ordering people’s heads off would probably not like him either.]

@daeus
                        It is. 😀

@jessi-Rae
                        Yes, full of Wonder. 😛

@ariella-newheart
                        *noms cookie* Thank you!

@anne-of-lothlorien
                        I shall plan to have you appear!

@alia
                        you’re welcome. *grins* I’m making people happy. :3

Joy
                        @dekreel

@anne-of-lothlorien  *jumps* *digs out KPA character notes* Quick question: What is a “sister-elf?” Is it just like a female elf?

Catwing
                          @catwing

Part Six
                            That Little Thing Called…

“Wonder and Nonsense.” Catwing nodded.
                            “That’s not-” Daeus didn’t finish.
                            *cough* *cough* Everyone in the Tennis court turned to see the Wiser stumble in. He was hunched over, but still had his signature frog on his head. Except it was brown, not green, and Daniel was hiding under a table clutching his extension cord whispering to it. *cough* “Where’s Snapper?” *cough*
                            All the KaPeeFers rushed over when he fell down clutching his side. Catwing flew up to see over their heads. Everyone held their breath. Someone was started applying pressure to his side. The Wiser gritted his teeth. “Ow! That hurts! Forget it it’s no use. Ow!” He glared at Someone was trying to keep him from bleeding out. “I lost too much all ready.” *cough* He winced and gritted his teeth. “Where’s that chair melting dragon kid?”
                            A rush of wind blew Catwing’s fur and ruffled the feathers at the base of her wings. She angled her feathers to compensate. Snapper had flown by her. Her massive leather wings shaped the air currents around her. Blowing the Keepers hair and clothing dramatically as she circled waiting for an opening to land in. The Wiser tried to sit up as she found a place to land. “What happened?”
                            *cough* The Wiser pushed himself up. Someone was still trying to apply pressure and keep him down. *couh* “I need to tell you something. *cough* Something very important. I probably should have told you long ago.” *cough* He looked straight into Snapper’s slitted dragon eyes. The silence was tight, broken only by the wiser’s coughing. *cough* “It is very important to tell you before I die.” He started coughing more. Taking out a handkerchief he covered his mouth. After he took it away it was red. Something dripped down his mouth onto his beard. So a minute he just starred at the handkerchief.
                            “What happened?” Angry smoke rose from Snapper nostrils.
                            “Not important.” The Wiser looked up once more. “I needed to tell you *cough* you’re the *cough* Chosen *cough* Kid. *cough*. You must *cough* find *cough*” He let out a deep breath and fell back.
                            Snapper blinked. He couldn’t be dead. He just couldn’t.
                            The Keepers let out a gasp. The Wiser had fallen. /How did he get hurt? Why is he saying this now?/ Catwing landed next to Snapper. “That’s weird.”
                            Dropping the red cloth Someone grabbed the Wiser’s wrist to measure his pulse. “He’s dead.” He looked up at the Keepers. “I’m sorry.”
                            “Silence fell over them like a blanket. It weighed down on their shoulders dragging their moods low.” A man in a trench coat, hat, and sunglasses stood in their midst. “All the KeePers starred at the man who had spoken. Who was this stranger and why was he speaking their actions?”
                            “Who are you?” Snapper growled.
                            “Snapper prepared to set fire to the new comer’s hat. Perhaps he had killed the Wiser.”
                            “I’ll set fire to your coat too if you don’t answer.”
                            “Snapper was furious. This man is very annoying.”
                            “I’ll say!” She puffed out a tiny stream of fire which incinerated his hat and caught his hair on fire. He didn’t move. His hair just stopped burning.
                            “The man had no chance to escape being burnt to a brick.” Someone took the man’s sunglasses off. The man stared Someone in the eye. “The man remained silent. All the Keepers wondered more. The silence adding to the tension of the Wiser dieing. The king exhaled deeply. He stepped forward. He drew his sword. He grumbled at being described. He started being annoyed by how many times the sentences started with ‘he’. He took another deep breath. He pursed his lips. He composed himself. He tried to control his anger. He tried to ignore the man’s aggravating description. He tried harder.”
                            Daeus put his sword in the man’s face. “My friend has just been murdered and you showed up very suspiciously. You have some questions to answer for. Besides why you’re describing everything terribly.”
                            “The king’s knuckles turned white from gripping his sword tightly.” A small smile crept onto the man’s face. “He ignored the evidence and started asking questions.”
                            Snapper fumed. “I don’t usually melt people, but I can make exceptions.”
                            “This is sooo bad.” Ears down to the sides, Catwing inched back. “Sooooo bad.”
                            “What did you do to my brother!” Daniel pounced at the trench coat man. But just fazed through and fell down.
                            “Daniel spun around, horror showed on his face.” The man grinned and looked down at him. “He feared for his life. Daeus put the tip of his sword up to the man’s throat. Even though he knew it would probably just faze through.”
                            Catwing hid under the table. “Please don’t be Nobody. Please don’t be Nobody. Please don’t be Nobody.”
                            “I second the motion!” Aislinn whispered next to her. She prepared her robotic arm anyway.
                            “Keepers that had read James Riley’s books were panicking the most. Despite the alternate option and the acknowledgements page in book three.”
                            “What are you talking about?” Daeus added his other hand to his sword’s hilt.
                            “Oh, yeah.” Catwing peeked out. “The Wonder, of course.”
                            “The half Catwing realized something. All the Keepers looked between the man and the table. All of them wondered was it true. Half Catwing? Was their thought. It seemed absurd, her name was Catwing after all.”
                            “Catwing?” With her head still pointed at the man Snapper looked at Catwing out of the corner of her eye.
                            “I’m part Catwing, part Cheshire.” Catwing shrugged her wings. “I thought you knew, I grin a lot.”
                            “I meant, what did you realize? But that does clear that up a bit.”
                            “Oh, that. I think he,” Catwing looked at the man. “Is a narrator. The Wonder must have done something to make him visible. Probably with plot threads and story re-viewings.”
                            “That’s strange.” Snapper still eyed him suspiously.
                            “So is life and this day.” Catwing frowned. “He would probably know what happened to the Wiser. And what the Chosen Kid is supposed to do.”
                            “A small flame shoot from Snapper’s mouth and went through the man. Snapper huffed.”
                            She glared at the narrator. “But how do we get him to tell us. We can’t touch him.”
                            “Well, you guys can’t…” Catwing retracted and extended her claws.
                            “What do you have in mind.” Daeus withdrew his sword, it couldn’t do anything to the narrator it seemed.
                            A grin crept onto her face. “It may be possible for me to break the last thread and bring him the rest of the way here, since I can go from Here to There.” She swished her tail. “If I time it right.”
                            “What happens if you don’t time it right.” New smoke rose from Snapper’s nose.
                            “Catwing tried not to think about failure. It was not a good thought.”
                            “That’s encouraging.” Daeus remarked.
                            “Yep. But it’s not /too/ bad.” Catwing gulped. “Just a bit scary. I don’t actually know what will happen.”
                            “She did not relish the thought of failing. Facing those creatures again would be soooo annoying. Though she could wind up somewhere else. Snapper wondered if she should go instead, but didn’t know if it was possible.”
                            “Yeah.” All nearby chairs were melted by streams of fire fromSnapper. “Are you sure that you want to—”
                            Catwing rushed forward and leapt into the air. Her wings beat a fast time. She grinned, but inside her stomach flipped. As her paws started to vanish she sprung her claws and reached her mark. And then they vanished.

@dragon-snapper
                            I just had to use that one. Remember when you posted that? :3

@aratrea
                            I’m sorry, but you were the mentor.
                            (I’ve been waiting since the beginning to drop those two. *grins* )

@daeus
                            *cough*

@aislinn-mollisong
                            *pats your back* I accidentally added him. Honest! (I typed ” then changed my mind and was describing. I decided to leave it and added the narrator. Then I remembered Nobody! O.O Horror. I felt like Owen for a little bit.)

@supermonkey42
                            another part for the site

@kate-flournoy
                            don’t you wonder where you were for all this?

@dekreel
                            Tada!

@rochellaine
                            *hands you a potato-squash berry* It tastes like grape/Apple/blueberry mix! *licks lips* It’s best with peanut butter.

@daughteroftheking
                            dun, dun, dun!

@epicaddie2
                            More parts!

Joy
                            @dekreel

@catwing  … Well that was a roller coaster of emotions 0.0

BTW the narrator was brilliant X’D

Catwing
                              @catwing

@dekreel thank you. *grins*
                                Yeah… He’s terrible. 😛

Joy
                                @dekreel

@catwing  So that’s how the Wiser… *stares into deep space*

Please tell me he isn’t actually…!

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 166 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >