A Catwing Christmas

Home Page ā€ŗ Forums ā€ŗ Fiction Writing ā€ŗ General Writing Discussions ā€ŗ A Catwing Christmas

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 166 total)
  • Author
    Daeus
    @daeus
      • Total Posts: 4238

lol
      A heartless queen of hearts. Haha!

šŸ¢šŸ¢šŸ¢šŸ¢šŸ¢šŸ¢šŸ¢šŸ¢šŸ¢šŸ¢šŸ¢šŸ¢šŸ¢šŸ¢šŸ¢šŸ¢šŸ¢šŸ¢šŸ¢šŸ¢šŸ¢šŸ¢

Jessi Rae
      @jessi-rae
        • Total Posts: 250

@catwing Thisā€¦isā€¦BRILLIANT! XD I love it!

Am I the one who says that only my friends and I are allowed to try a takeover?

Catwing
        @catwing
          • Total Posts: 2557

@daeus Heartless indeedā€¦

@jessi-Rae
          Yes that is you. *grin*

IMMA KAPEEFER! Til we're old and gray!

Catwing
          @catwing

Part Four
            The Rock and The Frog

Catwing blinked. The mist cleared a bit around them. /How did that rock get here?/ ā€œUmmā€¦ā€
            The rock sat there, very rock-like, doing nothing. Because thatā€™s what rocks do. Until they get a case.
            ā€œSanta Claws needs a lawyer.ā€ Catwing sat down and put her nose right up to the rock. ā€œDo you want the case?ā€
            The rock quivered. It needed more details.
            ā€œSanta Claws ate all of the raspberries and ice cream in one of the storage room, he thought they were for him.ā€ /An impossible case to defend./ Catwing smiled. /Rocks like impossible cases./
            The rock started to shake so much she wondered if it would explode. ā€œIā€™LL TAKE IT!ā€
            Catwing jumped back. For a small rock it had a very big and startling voice. ā€œAnd what payment do you want?ā€
            ā€œFOR SOMEONE TO MAKE ME TRIP PEOPLE! IT IS MY GOAL IN LIFE! BESIDES BEING A WINNING LAWYER!ā€ The rock boomed. ā€œAND I AM A WINNING LAWYER! THEN I CAN COMPLETE BOTH OF MY GOALS!ā€
            Catwing blinked. ā€œI think I can arrange that.ā€ They stared at each other for several minutes. At least it seemed like it, but you couldnā€™t tell since rocks donā€™t have eyes. ā€œHow did you get here anyway.ā€
            ā€œPROBABLY WONDERMENT! FROM THE WONDER PORTAL!ā€ The rock was probably pausing to think, but if you looked at it it would look just like a rock. Probably because it was one. ā€œOR ILLAYNE MERESPARK! FROM AETHAISIA!ā€
            Catwing held her paws up to her ears. ā€œI can take you back to Regnis so you can hold a court.ā€
            ā€œLOVELY! THEN I CAN WIN THE CASE AND TRIP PEOPLE! I WILL HAVE A PORPOISE!ā€ /For something that doesnā€™t have a mouth or a throat or lungs, this rock is very very loud./
            She nodded. ā€œCan you talk softer, please?ā€
            ā€œNOPE! SORRY! BUT I COULD JUST BE QUIET! I KNOW WHEN NOT TO TALK TO PEOPLE! A LOT OF MY LIFE IS SILENT ANYWAY! BECAUSE I ROCK! Iā€™LL BE QUIET NOW! DONā€™T WORRY CATWING I WILL STOP TALKING NOW!ā€
            ā€œThat would be nice.ā€ Catwing picked up the rock between her paws. /Now I know why rocks are so quiet./ She grinned. Starting with her grin and going to her tail, she vanished back to Regnis.
            She had appeared back where she had left. Except the hall was empty. And she was on the net instead on in it. ā€œWhere did everyone go?ā€ She peeked into the interrogation room. Empty. /Whereā€™s Claws?/
            Spotting her best option, she sat under the interrogation chair. It was made of Tumtum tree which was a tree that helped people think. So she sat a while and thought. ā€œNeed to figure out where they went.ā€
            Several minutes passed in silence between Catwing and the rock. Mostly because the rock wanted to remain silent (it is also possible that it was asleep, but do rocks even sleep?) and Catwingā€™s mind was wandering to Varpol swords.
            ā€œRibbit.ā€ /Hello/ Catwing looked up to see the Wiserā€™s Frog sitting on the table.
            ā€œWhereā€™s everyone?ā€ Catwing sat up and tripped over the rock, who laughed (Trust me it was a laugh. Rock laughter sounds like falling rocks.).
            ā€œRrrrrribbit.ā€ /Somewhere./
            ā€œCan you be less cryptic?ā€ She brushed herself off, glaring at the rock.
            ā€œRibbit.ā€ /Frog talk./ He leaned over the edge of the table.
            ā€œI know you can talk.ā€
            ā€œRrribbbbbbit.ā€ /Sylabull./ The Frog rolled his eyes.
            Catwing jumped up onto the table.
            ā€œRibbit.ā€ /Two./
            ā€œYou can talk in only two syllables?ā€
            The Frog nodded.
            ā€œWhy? Canā€™t you just use more ribbits or somethings?ā€ Catwing glanced at the rock which sat rejected on the floor. As much as a rock can look rejected. Which I suppose it canā€™t, so it sat like a rock.
            ā€œRibbit. Ribbit.ā€ /Curse. Wiser./ The frog panted.
            Catwing recoiled. ā€œThe Wiser cursed you? To be a frog? And it tires you to say more than one Ribbit.ā€
            The Frog nodded.
            ā€œGood bye.ā€ Catwing leapt off the table, and tripped on the rock. ā€œOoof.ā€
            ā€œRibbit.ā€ /Translation is unclear. Could be, mites, mic, Mike, or maybe./
            Catwing picked up the rock. ā€œI donā€™t care! Now good day!ā€
            ā€œRibbiiiit!ā€ /Phone./
            ā€œNo.ā€ She started out of the room.
            ā€œRibbit.ā€ /Translation is again unclear. Could be, mites, mic, Mike, or maybe./
            ā€œMikeā€™s phone is that a clue?ā€ Catwing stopped and looked back.
            The Frog face-webfooted. [I still hold that face-flipper sounds better, even though you say they are not called flippers.]
            ā€œWell thereā€™s probably a very good reason why he turned you into a frog.ā€ She squinted at him.
            ā€œRibbit.ā€ /Sing./
            ā€œDo you want a microphone?ā€
            The frog nodded.
            Catwing sighed. /I need some advice./ She hopped into the chair. ā€œHeya Chosen Kid!ā€ She sprung out of it just a the flames started to melt it. Against the laws of physics. ā€œSnapper I need your advice.ā€
            The dragon looked up from the chair. She stalked into the room. Her eyes narrowed and she threw an Alpha Toothless GIF.
            ā€œAwwwā€¦ Toothless!ā€ For a second Catwing watched the GIF, it was Toothless GIF after all, then she dodged it. ā€œSnapper you named yourself the Chosen Kid AND I needed you here. Calling you kid is the best way to do that.ā€
            Snapper huffed. ā€œReally? I honestly donā€™t know how I got here.ā€ She melted a chair that had appeared.
            ā€œThe Frog says that The Wiser cursed him to be a frog and that he wants a microphone to sing.ā€ Catwing held out her paws weighing them.
            The Frog sighed. Probably because he had only communicated a very small amount, and it had taken so much effort to get it across.
            ā€œThat would turn him back probably.ā€ Snapper bit on her claw, then melted another chair.
            ā€œBut should we?ā€ Catwing sat down in a thinking pose and stared at the melted Tumtum chair.
            ā€œThat /is/ the question.ā€ Snapper eyed the Frog. ā€œWhy should we turn you back?ā€ She melted a chair.
            ā€œRibbit.ā€ /I help./
            ā€œFine. But why did he turn you into a frog?ā€ A fifth chair was melted.
            ā€œRibbittt.ā€ /Annoy./ He rolled his eyes.
            Snapper looked at Catwing. ā€œWhere do you think we could find a microphone?ā€ Another chair was melted.
            ā€œBehind your horns?ā€ Catwing shrugged.
            Snapper reached behind her horns and pulled out an extension cord. ā€œI donā€™t think that is a mic.ā€ Eight chairs lay in melted hemps on the ground.
            The Frog leapt up and down. ā€œRibbit.ā€ /Mike./ actually it was probably /Mic./
            Catwing checked to make sure the extension cord hadnā€™t turned into a mic. It hadnā€™t. ā€œYou want it anyway?ā€
            The Frog nodded.
            Snapper handed it to him.
            Struggling to hold it between his flippers, he pretended it was a mic. ā€œRibbit.ā€ /Frogroot./
            ā€œThe mic doesnā€™t cure him, he just wanted to have a mic.ā€ Catwing groaned. ā€œAnd we still donā€™t know where Claws and the others are. And now we have to find Frogroot? Where do you even find that?ā€
            ā€œI know.ā€ Bethany stood in the doorway covered in ink and roses. In fact the roses she was wearing may have been creating the ink. ā€œBut I donā€™t know how I got here. I tried the doors but they were all grumpy so I jumped out a window and, poof, here I am.ā€
            ā€œWelcome!ā€ Whoosh of flames and another chair melted.
            ā€œDo you know where Claws and the others are?ā€ Catwing tried to ignore the Frog ā€˜singingā€™ into the extension cord. He was being very over dramatic. (Eg. One ā€œCroooaak!ā€ paired with him pretending to dance for the next few seconds of silence.)
            ā€œIt was chaos.ā€ Bethany shrugged. ā€œThey could be anywhere.ā€
            ā€œWhat about Frogroot?ā€ Whoosh. Melt. Score 10.
            ā€œI saw some out in the garden, all we have to do is find a window.ā€ She raised an eyebrow at the Frog. ā€œHe cursed?ā€
            ā€œYep.ā€ Catwing sighed. ā€œAnd he knows where they are soā€¦ā€
            ā€œAlright Iā€™ll take you to the Frogroot.ā€ Bethany marched out of the room followed by Catwing and Snapper after another chair was melted. The Frog stopped his singing to hop after them with the extension cord in his mouth.
            It wasnā€™t long before they saw a window. And sitting in the window was Jane Maree in her black ninja outfit, eating a pizza slice. The pizza box with her pizza ninja stars on it sat on the floor. She waved. ā€œWant any?ā€
            Bethany shook her head. ā€œNot right now. Can you see the garden from your window?ā€
            Jane turned her head to see. ā€œYep!ā€
            ā€œMind if we jump out the window?ā€ Bethany absentmindedly drew on her hand with the ink that was covering her.
            Hopping off the window, Jane took another bite out of her pizza slice. ā€œSure.ā€
            One by one they jumped out the window and landed back inside. Jane looked from the window to them. ā€œWere you carrying pizza?ā€
            They shook their heads.
            She snapped her fingers. ā€œThat explains it.ā€ She picked up her pizza box and started handing them each a pizza slice. ā€œNow try.ā€
            Once again they jumped out the window. Gravity pulled them down. This time they landed on the ground just outside of the garden.
            ā€œIt worked!ā€ Bethany shouted up to Jane. ā€œThank you!ā€
            Jane stuck her head out of the window. ā€œYouā€™re welcome! Enjoy the pizza!ā€ She ducked back inside. ā€œPizza ninja out!ā€
            Bethany turned to the garden. ā€œNow we just have to find the Frogroot, itā€™s the plant that smells like pond water with a small white star flower and long blades.ā€ Together they spread out. Or rather apart they spread. All the while eating their pizza slices.
            Snapper took up into the air to get an overhead view, Catwing stalked underneath, Bethany peeked around, and the Frog just seemed to lug the extension cord behind him.
            ā€œOver here!ā€ Catwing heard a chair melt. Rushing over she began to smell the pond water and familiar scent of melted chair. By Snapperā€™s feet grew the Frogroot and a melted chair. Well the root grew, the melted chair sat there.
            The Frog dropped the extension cord. ā€œRibbit!ā€ /At last./ He leapt onto the plant and started digging madly at it. His front legs were whacking comically everywhere around the plant while he squeezed his eyes tight. Unfortunately frog feet are not good at digging so all he was able to do was beat up the plant.
            The Frog stopped to look at them. Snapper was chuckling as white smoke spiraled out her nostrils, Bethany was laughing, and Catwing was nowhere to be seen, though you could hear her laughing too. Snapper melted a chair.
            ā€œRibbit. Ribbit.ā€ /If you. Were frog./ He panted and sat down.
            ā€œYeah, I know.ā€ Snapper nonchalantly dug one claw under the plant and pulled it up. ā€œHere.ā€ She tossed it to him. He tried to catch it, but it landed on his head.
            ā€œRibbit!ā€ /Hey!/ The frog shook the dirt off the root. He examined it suspiciously, but he opened his mouth as wide as it would go and bit down on the root anyway. Though he didnā€™t have any teeth to bite it off with. ā€œRibbit.ā€ /Great./
            ā€œHello, do you need any help chewing that? I love chewing things.ā€
            Catwing looked down from the branch she had reappeared on. There was a brown and white puppy sitting on a giant mushroom. He was drinking something out of his backpack using a ridiculously curly straw, and while he drank he was chewing on the straw.
            The Frog just returned a blank stare.
            The Puppy jumped off the mushroom and walked up to the Frog, sniffing him all over. He wagged his tail hopefully. ā€œHi nice to meet you! Why do you smell partly human? You were turned into a frog right? I like you already! Can we be best friends? Will you play fetch with me? What are your names? Do you have any treats?ā€
            ā€œNice to meet you. Iā€™m Snapper.ā€ Snapper said, she melted a chair.
            ā€œIā€™m Bethany.ā€
            ā€œRibbit.ā€ /Frog./
            ā€œAnd Iā€™m Catwing.ā€ Catwing jumped off her perch to get a closer look.
            The Puppy sniffed toward her, then snorted. ā€œCat.ā€
            ā€œYes, I know but Iā€™ll be nice donā€™t worry.ā€ Catwing sat down and swished her tail.
            The Puppy wagged his tail, but watched her cautiously.
            ā€œI always wanted to ask, why do dogs and cats not like each other.ā€ Bethany looked between them.
            ā€œA lot of our body language is backwards to dogs.ā€ Catwing grinned. ā€œThey also canā€™t smell our emotions.ā€
            ā€œDo you want to play?ā€ The Puppy went down on his front paws and wagged his tail.
            ā€œNo.ā€ Catwing thrashed her tail.
            ā€œBut your tail is wagging?ā€
            ā€œCat tails swish, dog tails wag.ā€ Catwing licked her paw. ā€œAnd the reason behind them are very different. You want to play, Iā€™m thinking or irritated.ā€
            ā€œOaky.ā€ Puppy grabbed the Frogroot and ran circles around the Frog. ā€œYou can play with me then!ā€
            ā€œRibbit!ā€ /Frogroot!/ The Frog leapt after the Puppy. ā€œRibbit!ā€ /Slobber!/
            Whenever the Puppy got several feet ahead he would bow down and chew on the root. ā€œRibbit.ā€ /Help./
            After melting a chair, Snapper shot into the air. Air zipped by her. The wind made music in her ears. She closed her wings into a dive. She snatched up the Puppy, then landed gently. She looked the Puppy in the eye. ā€œWe need to find out where some of our friends are, and that Frog knows. But first we have to turn him back. Can we please have the Frogroot back?ā€ Another melted chair.
            The Puppy dropped the root. ā€œOaky. Can I come too?ā€
            ā€œSure.ā€ Snapper sat him down. Whoosh. Melted chair.
            The Frog picked up the root. It was covered in teeth marks, slobber, and pieces of root that were falling off.
            ā€œAt least itā€™s partly chewed so you can eat it now.ā€ Catwing said.
            The Frog closed his eyes. Despite the slimy stuff he felt in his webbed feet [See? Still awkward, unlike flipper. Flipper just sounds better], he tried to imagine he was eating sweet tea cereal. He was able to get a big bite this time because it was partly chewed for him. The slime and root felt even grosser in his mouth than he had imagined. They rolled slowly and yucky around his tongue before he found a seed of courage lying on the ground to help it down. As soon as he put the seed in his mouth he swallowed. It was over. He opened his eyes.
            ā€œNothingā€™s happening.ā€ Snapper melted a chair.
            Then the Frog began to grow taller until he was his normal height again. He looked down at his front webbed feet [flippers] as the skin between his fingers ungrew and they turned into his hands again. Slowly he was turning from a frog into a human teen with a ā€˜Iā€™M A KAPEEFER!ā€™ t-shirt with his face on it. ā€œIā€™m back!ā€ He picked up the extension cord and used it as a mic. And for some reason he sat down in a chair.
            ā€œWait, youā€™re the Wiserā€™s brother?ā€ Snapper cocked her head. She melted the chair right underneath him.
            Daniel jumped away from the melted goop. ā€œWhoa!ā€ Still using the ā€˜micā€™ he said. ā€œWhat was that for?ā€
            ā€œChair invasion reflexes, sorry.ā€ Whoosh, melt.
            ā€œYou know where the others are?ā€ Catwing asked. Despite all this she still couldnā€™t forget the looming danger of the cherry tarts.
            ā€œTheyā€™re past the Mcdonaldā€™s sweet tea stand.ā€ Daniel started toward it. ā€œLast one there is the Wiser!ā€ He dashed off.
            The Puppy cocked his head. ā€œIs that supposed to be a bad thing?ā€
            Also Starringā€¦
            Daniel DeGraaf
            BethanyInkyRoses
            PoorPuppy

Catwing
            @catwing

@aretea Your frogā€¦

@the-real-Kapeefer
              You are very welcome.

@jane-maree
              @bethanyinkyroses @dekreel @jessi-Rae

@aislinn-mollisong
              (Can you tell who all the Aethesians are on KP?)

Joy
              @dekreel
                • Total Posts: 2304

@catwingĀ  Whoa. DUN DUN DUNNN. I didnā€™t expect the frog to beā€¦..Ā even with the extension cord! ARGH!

Our Aethasians are: @aislinn-mollisongĀ  @lady-iliaraĀ  @0-0enyali0-0Ā  @xonos-darkgrateĀ  @forevermeĀ  @silverclaw-bonnetfollyĀ  @destiny

There might be one or two others. Not sure šŸ™‚

You can pronounce it however you want.

Jane Maree
                @jane-maree
                  • Total Posts: 909

@catwing oh my goodness. I was laughing so hard in that little cameo I got. XD

Writing Heroes ā™¦ Writing Hope // janemareeauthor.com.au

Jessi Rae
                  @jessi-rae
                    • Total Posts: 250

@catwing Sweet! I like taking over kingdoms! That isā€¦I mean to sayā€¦umā€¦ WhatĀ do I mean to say? XD

Ā 

Awesome job on Part Four! Actually, awesome job on the whole story so far! šŸ˜€

Alia
                    @alia
                      • Total Posts: 1253

@catwing, itā€¦wasā€¦amazing! Each part gets better and betterā€¦and the frog, classic sibling relationship.

WIP - Decisions
                      Kapeefer til we're old and grey

Ariella Newheart
                      @ariella-newheart
                        • Total Posts: 141

*giggles uncontrollably*

Oh my goodness, @catwing, this story is amazing. AMAZING, I tell you!!! I love all the arbitrary randomness.

Wait, you probably donā€™t know me. Iā€™m Ariella, one of the newest Aethasians on KP. šŸ˜› Nice to meet you! ^-^

*disappears into the shadows*

INFJ. An extroverted introvert who loves to write and draw.

Ariella Newheart
                        @ariella-newheart

how is it possible for a writer to be terrible at communicating in real life, but in books itā€™s easy??

I know exactly what you mean, @alia! Thatā€™s why I write books, myself, to convey in writing thoughts and ideas that I never could irl. šŸ˜€

Catwing
                          @catwing

Oppsā€¦ I didnā€™t respond to you guys.

@dekreel
                            I frogot to thank you!

@jane-maree
                            Now you can say pizza opens new windows.

@jessi-rae
                            Thank you.

@alia
                            I have been waiting from the beginning to have the frog part! I was surprised no one had done it yet. I had even suggested it once, but some how I was overlooked and I couldnā€™t wait. And thatā€™s why I wrote a Catwing Christmas. I also thought off two cliche twist-ishes to put in. :3

@ariella-newheart
                            Yes! Arbitrary randomness! Thank you!
                            Iā€™ve heard about you. I have even planned to have you in a later part.
                            Nice to meet you.

Joy
                            @dekreel
                              • Total Posts: 2304

@catwingĀ  Youā€™re welcome! @ariella-newheart is also an Aethasian. (Sheā€™s the one who started the rock collection thing, but @lady-iliara took ownership)

• This reply was modified 6 years, 2 months ago by Joy.

You can pronounce it however you want.

Ariella Newheart
                              @ariella-newheart

@catwing Oh my goodness! Iā€™m honored! šŸ˜€

@dekreel

(Sheā€™s the one who started the rock collection thing, but @lady-iliara took ownership)

The story kind of goes farther than that. šŸ˜› You see, once upon a time Iliara swirled her epic cape and tripped over a rock, causing everyone else to trip over rocks. After she did that, (in the spirit of role-play) I admitted that I was the one who actually placed the rocks around for people to trip on. (And I dug those holes, set those water balloon traps, and so on.) Now the rocks have been almost eradicated, so much so that we put the last surviving one in the role-play museum. Or so we thought. Occasionally someone will trip over a rock. Strangely enoughā€¦I never put them thereā€¦.

Catwing
                                @catwing

@ariella-newheart youā€™re welcome. But I have to do something With the rock.
                                  Soā€¦ Youā€™re a prankster?
                                  Perhaps the last rock is The Rock (as from my story?) and it escapes sometimes?

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 166 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >